I am a seasonal drinker—meaning I like to use seasonal fruits and ingredients in my cocktails whenever possible. This time of year, the local pomegranates are glorious, and I’ve rarely met a lemon drop I didn’t like.
My own personal recipe:
(Warning: I am not much of a measurer, so feel free to adjust to taste…)
In your cocktail shaker:
- Muddle seeds of ½ fresh pomegranate.
- Add two shots of vodka.
- Add another shot of lemoncello.
- Squeeze in the juice of at least one lemon.
- Add a few tablespoons of simple syrup (one part sugar dissolved in four parts water).
- For fizzy bubbles, add a splash of club soda.
- Fill rest of shaker with ice and give a good shake, shake, shake (this is part of my calorie neutralization plan).
- Pour. The seed pulp will pretty much stay in the shaker.
Photo source Image via Wikipedia